Several updates concerning Manchester United’s pursuit of Alex Telles have emerged online on Sunday.
Telles’ Porto stint
Alex Telles has spent just over four years plying his trade with FC Porto.
The left-back joined the Portuguese powerhouse in the summer of 2016, for a fee believed to be just shy of £6m.
And he has since gone on to firmly establish himself as one of the Premeira Liga’s top defenders.
All told, Telles has notched 194 appearances across all competitions for Porto, in which he has provided 56 assists and scored 26 goals.
Man United closing in on Telles
With such impressive numbers to his name, it has actually come as something of a surprise that the full-back has not been snapped up by a club in one of Europe’s top-five leagues yet.
However, with the 27-year-old now in the final year of his contract, interest in his signature has begun to mount.
However, in recent weeks, another suitor appears to have taken the lead in the race for Telles.
This outfit comes in the form of Manchester United, who are believed to have intensified their pursuit of Telles last month.
It was even claimed at the back end of September that the Brazilian had agreed personal terms with United.
However, with the transfer window set to slam shut on Monday, Telles’ arrival at Old Trafford has yet to be confirmed.
And on Sunday afternoon, Sky Sports News cast further doubt over any potential move for the Porto standout, stating:
Manchester United’s hopes of signing Porto’s Alex Telles appear to be fading after their £15.4m offer for the left-back was rejected by the Portuguese champions.
Porto were said to be demanding £22m for the stopper, despite him having less than a year to run on his current deal.
However, it has since been reported that United have agreed a deal with Porto for Telles worth around €20m:
Sky sources: Alex Telles to @ManUtd is a done deal! Total agreement reached. United will pay around 20m€ for the Porto left back. Medical tonight in the UK #SkyTransfer #TransferUpdate @SkySportsNews @SkySportNewsHD @Sky_Marc
— Max Bielefeld (@Sky_MaxB) October 4, 2020
Claims that Telles is set for Man United have also been backed by Fabrizio Romano:
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) October 4, 2020